Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 02/12/2019 3:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 3-5:08 p.m. (telephone)
Brian T. Kolstad: 3-5:08 p.m.
Dean P. Will: 3-5:08 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Tammy Pinno-Supple, Stacie Basler, Michael Marx, Brenda Schneider, David Brandenburg, and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Ryan called the meeting to order at 3 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the January 23, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Will/Kolstad) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Report on cash on hand and investments for January 2019.
Treasurer Brenda Schneider provided the report. Motion (Farrell/Depperman) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried.
5. In Rem No. 48 status report:
The $5,000 was wired to the U.S. Small Business Administration. The waiver was released for filing. The Fond du Lac County Register of Deeds found an error in the document. The waiver has been returned to the attorney who drafted the document.
b. No. 48-39, 303-305 Watson Street, city of Ripon.
The closing was held on Jan. 30.
6. Resolution awarding the sale of $28,390,000 General Obligation Promissory Notes, Series 2019A.
Finance Director Tammy Pinno-Supple provided information on the sale of the bonds. Due to the weather, Jim Miller will not be attending tonight’s County Board meeting. Motion (Farrell/Will) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
7. Resolution supporting the return of $2,199,274 of Community Development Block Grant funding to the state of Wisconsin and authorizing the application of $387,442 of previously appropriated sales tax revenue for the County Revolving Loan Fund to fully fund the return payment to the state.
County Executive Allen Buechel provided information on the resolution. Motion (Will/Kolstad) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
8. Resolution authorizing adoption of the Rolling Meadows Golf Course resale merchandise markup plan.
Golf Course Manager David Brandenburg explained the resolution. Motion (Farrell/Kolstad) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
9. Union negotiations.
Motion (Will/Farrell) to move into closed session at 3:35 p.m. A roll call vote was taken (Ryan, aye; Depperman, aye; Farrell, aye; Kolstad, aye; Will, aye) and the motion carried. The committee returned to open session at 4:09 p.m.
10. Discuss and possibly approve the county executive’s recommendation regarding personal cell phone reimbursement for on-call Highway Department supervisors.
County Executive Buechel explained the change needed regarding cell phone reimbursement for on-call Highway Department supervisors. Motion (Depperman/Farrell) to increase reimbursement for the five on-call Highway Department supervisors from $35 to $100 a month. Motion carried.
11. Report from the county executive on the administration’s decisions related to the severe weather during the week of January 27.
County Executive Buechel provided details regarding the decisions that were made because of the severe weather during the week of Jan. 27. The committee supported his decisions.
12. Report on mileage, per diem and expenses for January 2019.
Motion (Will/Kolstad) to approve the report. Motion carried.
13. Approve extra meetings.
14. Approve bills.
Motion (Will/Farrell) to approve the following bills. Motion carried.
16. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The committee will meet at 3:30 p.m. on Feb. 27 and at 3 p.m. on March 19.
15. Discussion regarding the Fond du Lac County sales and use tax.
The committee discussed options regarding the Fond du Lac County sales and use tax. Staff will prepare resolutions for the Feb. 27 committee meeting.
Motion (Will/Farrell) to adjourn the meeting at 5:08 p.m. Motion carried.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk