Public Safety Committee
- Date: 06/04/2019 4:45 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room G
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Michael C. Beer: 4:50-5:10 p.m.
Martin E. Schroeder: Excused
Gary A. Will: 4:45-5:10 p.m.
Also present were Eric Toney, Doug Edelstein, Ryan Waldschmidt and Kevin R. Miller.
1. Call meeting to order.
Vice Chair Will called the meeting to order at 4:45 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the May 7, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Kitchen/Simon) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 2-0-1, with Vice Chair Will abstaining.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Department report from the District Attorney’s Office.
District Attorney Eric Toney introduced Doug Edelstein, the new deputy district attorney. Mr. Toney gave an update on pending state legislative matters pertaining to the District Attorney’s Office. Motion (Simon/Will) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried, 4-0.
5. Department report from the Sheriff’s Office.
Sheriff Ryan Waldschmidt gave the monthly report on prisoner status numbers. The prison population is down overall. The sheriff answered questions regarding prisoner population and what is considered maximum capacity. He also answered questions about retirements and promotions. Motion (Kitchen/Beer) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried, 4-0.
6. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting is at 4:45 p.m. on July 2.
Motion (Beer/Will) to adjourn the meeting at 5:10 p.m. Motion carried, 4-0.