Board of Health
- Date: 08/06/2019 5:30 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Sherry L. Behnke: 5:30-6:25 p.m.
Kayla Ericksen: 5:31-6:25 p.m.
Martin S. Ryan: 5:30-6:25 p.m.
Marian Sheridan: 5:30-6:25 p.m.
Also present were Kim Mueller, Danielle Vollendorf, Laura Berndt and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Behnke called the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the June 4, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Ryan/Gudex) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 6-0.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the board on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the board chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
Ms. Ericksen arrived at 5:31 p.m.
4. Health officer report.
a. Laura Berndt provided a Maternal and Child Health update. She gave a personnel update and explained the many services the program provides to the public.
b. Health Officer Kim Mueller gave an update on communicable diseases.
c. Ms. Mueller explained that the Health Department will no longer provide medical care for the Jail and that the service will be contracted with Advanced Correctional Healthcare. She gave a personnel update on the affected nurses.
5. Discussion regarding the administrative appeal hearing process for the Inspection Program.
Danielle Vollendorf explained the administrative appeal hearing process for the Inspection Program and how the board will be involved.
6. Resolution authorizing the acceptance of a $116,799 Tobacco Control and Prevention Grant for July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2020, in the Health Department, which will act as fiscal agent for the continuation of a multi-jurisdictional tobacco coalition.
Motion (Dornbrook/Sheridan) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 7-0.
7. Resolution authorizing the proper county officials to enter into agreements with the school districts of Rosendale-Brandon and Oakfield for nursing services.
Motion (Gudex/Schmidt) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 7-0.
8. Resolution authorizing the acceptance of a $7,500 Fond du Lac Area Foundation Grant for the Fond du Lac County Health Department oral health program.
Motion (Sheridan/Ericksen) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 7-0.
9. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The board will meet at 5:30 p.m. on Oct. 1.
Motion (Dornbrook/Sheridan) to adjourn the meeting at 6:25 p.m. Motion carried, 7-0.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk