Living Well With Chronic Conditions
- Date: 09/24/2019 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Northgate Senior Apartments
350 Winnebago St.
North Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54937
Fond du Lac County Department of Senior Services sponsors an annual Evidenced-Based program titled Living Well With Chronic Conditions.
Those with chronic health issues can learn ways to cope with these challenges and improve their quality of life. The "Living Well with Chronic Conditions,” workshop empowers those living with conditions like arthritis, heart problems, asthma, stroke, pain, osteoporosis, diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, cancer, and any other chronic health condition
The workshop meets once a week on Tuesday, for six weeks. The following topics are covered:
- Symptom management
- Dealing with emotions such as anger and depression
- Goal setting and problem solving
- Improving nutrition & developing a suitable exercise program
- Medication management
- Breathing exercises and managing stress
- Communicating with family, friends and health care professionals
The actual workshop dates are:
Tuesdays September 24 through October 29, 2019, 1:30-4:00 pm
and will be held at Northgate Senior Apartments, 350 Winnebago Street in North Fond du Lac. It is free but registration is required.