Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 09/03/2019 3:30 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 3:30-4:56 p.m.
Brian T. Kolstad: 3:30-4:56 p.m.
Dean P. Will: 3:30-4:56 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Brenda Schneider, Chelsea Brocker, Tammy Pinno Supple, Stacie Basler, Lisa Freiberg, Joe Becker, Cecilia Harry and Jim Cleveland.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Ryan called the meeting to order at 3:30 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the August 20, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Will/Kolstad) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 4-0.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. In Rem No. 46-77.
Motion (Kolstad/Will) to move into closed session at 3:31 p.m. A roll call vote was taken (Ryan, aye; Depperman, aye; Kolstad, aye; Will, aye) and the motion carried, 4-0. The committee returned to open session at 3:54 p.m.
5. Discuss a possible change in the restriction on the use of special allocation loan repayment interest income.
County Executive Allen Buechel and Envision Greater Fond du Lac representatives Joe Becker, Cecilia Harry and Jim Cleveland explained economic development opportunities that would be available if there was a change in the restriction on the use of special allocation loan repayment interest income. Motion (Depperman/Kolstad) to allow the conversion of loan repayment interest funds for extra territorial economic development. Motion carried, 4-0. The committee would like a report in six months.
6. Report on the most recent loans to businesses through Fond du Lac County Capital Resources by Envision Greater Fond du Lac/Capital Resources staff.
Mr. Cleveland provided the committee with information regarding recent loans to businesses.
7. Discuss and possibly approve moving forward with a resolution allocating reserved sales tax funds for existing projects and unanticipated required expenditures.
Mr. Buechel and Tammy Pinno Supple provided documents on allocating reserved sales tax funds for existing projects and unanticipated required expenditures.
8. Preliminary report on the 2020 Fond du Lac County Budget by County Executive Allen J. Buechel.
Mr. Buechel provided an update.
9. Report on the progress of the Hotel Retlaw project.
Mr. Buechel reported that progress continues.
10. Approve extra meetings.
11. Approve bills.
Motion (Depperman/Kolstad) to approve the following bills. Motion carried, 4-0.
12. Future agenda items and meeting date.
Meetings are scheduled at 3 p.m. on Sept. 17 and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Oct. 21 and 22.
Motion (Depperman/Will) to adjourn the meeting at 4:56 p.m. Motion carried, 4-0.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk