Social Services Board
- Date: 10/09/2019 4:30 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Lisette A. Aldrich: 4:30-5:02 p.m.
Judy Goldsmith: 4:30-5:02 p.m.
Jay J. Myrechuck: 4:30-5:02 p.m.
Also present were Rick Gedemer, Lisa Freiberg and Allen Buechel.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Aldrich called the meeting to order at 4:30 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the September 11, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Myrechuck/Goldsmith) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the board on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the board chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Educational piece.
Deputy Director Rick Gedemer and County Executive Allen Buechel held discussion on the proposed budget.
5. Report on bills.
The bills were reviewed and Mr. Gedemer provided an explanation of those that were questioned. Motion (Goldsmith/Myrechuck) to receive the bills and place on file. Motion carried.
6. Personnel report.
There are one economic support specialist and two social worker openings.
7. Economic Support Services Consortium update.
Mr. Gedemer reported there have been minor changes for 2020 and clarifications from the state on expectations.
8. Budget updates.
This was addressed in No. 4.
9. Wisconsin County Human Service Association update.
There was no update.
Mr. Gedemer highlighted the report. Motion (Hayes/Fenrick) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried.
11. Special meetings – approvals and/or updates.
12. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting is at 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 13.
Motion (Goldsmith/Myrechuck) to adjourn the meeting at 5:02 p.m. Motion carried.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk