Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 10/08/2019 3:30 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 3:30-5:15 p.m.
Brian T. Kolstad: 3:30-5:15 p.m.
Dean P. Will: 3:30-5:15 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Chelsea Brocker, Brenda Schneider, Tammy Pinno Supple, Stacie Basler, Michael Marx and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Ryan called the meeting to order at 3:30 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the September 17, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Depperman/Will) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 5-0.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. In Rem No. 47.
Motion (Kolstad/Will) to move into closed session at 3:31 p.m. A roll call vote was taken (Ryan, aye; Depperman, aye; Farrell, aye; Kolstad, aye; Will, aye) and the motion carried, 5-0. The committee returned to open session at 3:49 p.m.
5. Discussion and possible action regarding In Rem No. 49 properties.
a. In Rem No. 49-58, Townline Circle, town of Eldorado – No bids were received.
b. In Rem No. 49-60, Golf Course Drive, town of Empire – Motion (Farrell/Will) to accept the bid of $30 from the town of Empire to cover the recording fee. Motion carried, 5-0.
c. In Rem No. 49-68, N5724 Fairview Road, town of Lamartine – Motion (Will/Kolstad) to accept the bid of $20,100 from Darryl J. Zick. Motion carried, 5-0.
d. In Rem No. 49-75, 601 Michigan Avenue, village of North Fond du Lac – Motion (Depperman/Kolstad) to accept the bid of $5,300 from the village of North Fond du Lac. Motion carried, 5-0.
e. In Rem No. 49-98, 106 N. Putnam Street, village of Oakfield – No bids were received.
The committee directed County Treasurer Brenda Schneider to post In Rem No. 49-58 and In Rem No. 49-98 on the Wisconsin Surplus Online Auction website for 30 days.
6. Discussion and possible directive regarding the exclusion of historically delinquent properties in the village of Campbellsport from the In Rem No. 50 process.
Planning and Parks Director Sam Tobias has been in contact with the Department of Natural Resources in regard to soil sampling on the property.
7. Discussion of County Board supervisor compensation for the 2020-2022 term.
Motion (Farrell/Depperman) to increase the County Board supervisor annual salary by $500 a year. Motion carried, 4-1, with Mr. Ryan voting nay.
County Executive Allen Buechel reported that the proposed 2020 budget is complete and will be presented to the County Board on Oct. 15. Mr. Buechel highlighted items in the budget. Committee members discussed which department heads they would like to attend the upcoming budget meetings. Director of Administration Erin Gerred will schedule the meeting times.
9. Report on the progress of the Hotel Retlaw project.
Mr. Buechel provided an update.
10. Report on the 2019 care of soldiers’ graves.
Motion (Will/Depperman) to approve the report. Motion carried, 5-0.
11. Report on 2019 dog licenses.
Motion (Farrell/Kolstad) to approve the report. Motion carried, 5-0.
12. Approve extra meetings.
Motion (Farrell/Kolstad) to approve Mr. Depperman’s attendance at the Wisconsin Counties Association County Ambassador Program day in Madison on Oct. 29. Motion carried, 4-0-1, with Mr. Depperman abstaining.
13. Approve bills.
Motion (Depperman/Farrell) to approve the following bills. Motion carried, 5-0.
14. Future agenda items and meeting date.
Scheduled meetings include Oct. 15 at 4 p.m., Oct. 21 and 22 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Oct. 29 following the County Board meeting, and Nov. 5 at 4 p.m.
Motion (Will/Kolstad) to adjourn the meeting at 5:15 p.m. Motion carried, 5-0.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk