Parks and Development Committee
- Date: 08/01/2007 6:15 PM
- Location: Government Center, Rm H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
A meeting of the Parks and Development Committee was held on Wednesday, August 1, 2007 @ Govt. Center, Rm H @ 6:15 p.m. with the following members present:
STENZ - 6:15 to 7:33 p.m.
BEHNKE - 6:15 to 7:33 p.m.
ALBRECHT - 6:15 to 7:33 p.m.
BIRSCHBACH - 6:15 to 7:33 p.m.
MEYER - 6:15 to 7:33 p.m.
Also present: Allen Buechel, Sam Tobias, David Brandenburg and Greg Guenther (see citizen’s attendance sheet).
Meeting called to order by Mr. Stenz.
Motion (Albrecht/Meyer) to approve the July 11, 2007 meeting minutes. Motion carried.
Citizen’s input – no input at this time.
Golf Course rounds, revenue, conditions, budget and activity discussion – report placed on file.
Rounds – permit rounds were up in July and for year-to-date. Punch card rounds and sales were down slightly. Green fee rounds are nearly even with 2006 numbers.
Revenues – Year-to-date revenues are up approximately $6,000 – this is a little less than budgeted.
Conditions – Great conditions though a little rain and cooler weather would green up the non-irrigated areas. New green on hole 1 is starting to see more play.
Budget – Expense to-date are in line, but revenue is under budget. 2008 formal forecast budget process will be done next week.
Activities –Larger August events: WLA Athletics, Bernie Jones Big Cup Scramble, Fondy Class of 1997, NFDL Benevolent Fund, Wayside, WPGA Junior Tour, Target, Merc Marine, ACH, Junior Optimist Tourney
Discuss Golf Course Interest Payments – Motion (Meyer/Stenz) to charge Rolling Meadows Golf Course 3% APR on current deficit on 1/01/2008. Motion defeated by a vote of Ayes – Meyer, Stenz; Nays – Albrecht, Behnke and Birschbach.
Natural Areas presentation and discussion of Natural Areas Designation for Hobbs Woods – table until September 5, 2007 meeting.
Cub Scouts Camping weekend at Waupun Park, October 5-6, 2007 – Motion (Birschbach/Albrecht) to allow the Cub Scouts camping weekend at Waupun Park on October 5-6, 2007, to use the area, charging only the pavilion use fee each day. Motion carried.
Governance of County Park Ordinance – Bill Bendt is working on researching and revising the code overall, including references to our committee. This will be ready for the October, 2007 meeting.
Proposed County Park Ordinance Amendments – hold until October, 2007 meeting.
Review of Sandy Beach Business Park Addn. 1 – Hold until September 5, 2007 meeting – it is not available for our review.
Monthly Planning and Parks Report (July 2007) – report placed on file.
· Riggs County Park – work complete.
· Waupun Park – demolition project is complete. Campground host sites are finished. If budget permits, some landscaping may be done this fall.
· Eisenbahn Trail – signed agreement with CN for track removal has been received. Terry is still working through the permitting process for a culvert needed to extend the trail into the village park in Eden. Two contracts – one to move a needed switch closer to the village and a second to remove all the rail and ties south to where the surfaced trail starts now at Tracks Lane. The contractor for the switch work started in July.
· Landfill – the landfill flare continues to operate with fluctuations in the methane content and the flare temperature.
· Park Ordinance Amendments – see above.
· Calvary Marsh – Payment of $1,394.90 was received from Northeast Forest Services; we are now current on payments. Timber cutting and land surveying work will be completed after the ground freezes.
· County Comprehensive Plan – First chapter (Issues and Opportunities) is nearly complete. Employment forecasts (20-year) have not been found; Sam has found a shorter-term forecast for the entire region by the Department of Workforce Development. Look for the chapter to be complete prior to the September meeting.
Next meeting date – September 5, 2007 @ 6:15 p.m.
Future agenda items – standard, review of Sandy Beach Business Park Addn. 1, Golf Course – 2008 proposed budget discussion, Parks and Planning – 2008 proposed budget discussion, Natural Areas presentation, Parsons Creek water quality, report on Executive Committee (restructuring)
Motion (Albrecht/Behnke) to adjourn at 7:33 p.m. Motion carried.
Sherry L. Behnke