Land Conservation Committee
- Date: 12/12/2017 4:30 PM
- Location: Agriculture Service Center
W6529 Forest Avenue
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54937
Julie Cooper: 4:40-5:40 p.m.
Sarah A. Everson: 4:40-5:40 p.m.
Dale Theel: 4:40-5:40 p.m.
Also present were Paul Tollard and Ryan Rice.
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Approve minutes of the November 14, 2017 meeting.
Motion (Giese/Depperman) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
4. Update and possible action on revisions to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service Code 313 Animal Waste Storage Facility Standard as it relates to the Fond du Lac County Animal Waste Storage and Utilization Ordinance.
An update was given by Ryan Rice on the new standards that will be required after Jan. 1. Motion (Depperman/ Everson) to accept the revisions. Motion carried.
5. Discussion and possible action on the submittal of an application to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources for funding through Wisconsin’s Multi-Discharger Variance Program.
Motion (Depperman/Giese) to process the 2018 multi-discharger variance participation form. Motion carried.
6. Land & Water Conservation Department, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service and USDA Farm Service office reports.
Discussion was held on the Land and Water 10-year plan with five-year review. Paul Tollard informed the committee of the LWCD new hire starting in January. Also discussed were the spring clean sweep, the county tree sale and cost-sharing projects.
7. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting is at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 1, in the conference room at the USDA Service Center.
Motion (Giese/Everson) to adjourn the meeting at 5:40 p.m. Motion carried.
Sara Everson, Recording Secretary