Land Information Council
- Date: 12/07/2017 10:00 AM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Steven A. Abel: Excused
Terry Dietzel: 10:01-10:29 a.m.
Jim Krebs: 10:01-10:29 a.m.
Troy Rademann: Excused
1. Call meeting to order.
Terry Dietzel called the meeting to order at 10:01 a.m.
2. Approve minutes of the March 23, 2017, meeting.
Motion (Dietzel/Hicken) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Review and approve amendments to the Fond du Lac County Land Information Plan dated 2016.
Fond du Lac County has submitted a grant application to update the LiDAR mapping. The current LiDAR mapping was done in 2010. The county’s Land Information Plan must be updated to include this project as a goal. The proposed amendments also include general updates, such as current council members and their contact information, website address correct, etc. Motion (Kuen/Krebs) to approve the proposed amendments to the plan as presented. Motion carried.
5. Update on the 2018 multi-county federal 3D Elevation Program Grant for acquiring elevation data.
Fond du Lac County, along with nine other counties, has submitted a federal grant. Most of the counties are in the Fox Valley area. The group had to hire a consultant to write and submit the grant application. They have just received word that the grant has been approved.
Current county mapping includes two-foot contours. The new maps will have one-foot contours. The budgeted cost of the 3D elevation mapping is $175,500. The grant will fund 50 percent of the project.
Fond du Lac County plans to have additional work done at an expected reduced cost. Possible additional projects include updated hydro layer and 2D building dimensions.
Mr. Dietzel will compile a resolution and present it to the Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee.
6. Introduction of new GIS specialist Josh Thomas.
Mr. Thomas was introduced to the council.
7. Update on land information projects by departments.
Land Information Department: Planning to build story maps within the county’s parks website.
Highway Department: Expects to complete documenting the last 11 corner sections.
Register of Deeds: Continuing to back-index the older records.
Treasurer: Nearly all of the property tax bills have been printed. This will be the first year for municipal use of the web-receipting program.
Motion (Hicken/Krebs) to adjourn the meeting at 10:29 a.m. Motion carried.