Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 12/19/2017 3:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 3:04-5:07 p.m.
Martin F. Farrell: 3:04-5:07 p.m.
Martin S. Ryan: 3:04-5:07 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Karen Kuehl, Tammy Pinno, Meggin McNamara, Chelsea Brocker, Michael Marx, Lisa Freiberg, Herbert Phelps, Michelle Nigbor, Michelle Vollmar, Tony Mand, Ron Boda, and Kevin Mullen.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Dornbrook called the meeting to order at 3:04 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the November 21, 2017, meeting.
Motion (Farrell/Goldsmith) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 4-0-1, with Mr. Dornbrook abstaining.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
5. Recommendation by Corporation Counsel Meggin R. McNamara for the disallowance of the Carol Dieterich claim.
Corporation Counsel Meggin McNamara gave an explanation of the claim. Motion (Ryan/Depperman) to disallow the claim. Motion carried, 5-0.
Mr. Dornbrook left the meeting, and Mr. Ryan took over as chair.
6. Review and approve a public statement regarding In Rem No. 47-54.
Motion (Farrell/Depperman) to approve the public statement as presented. Motion carried, 4-0.
Mr. Dornbrook returned and continued as chair.
7. Report on cash on hand and investments for November 2017.
Treasurer Brenda Schneider presented the cash on hand and investments report for November 2017, which was provided to the committee. Motion (Goldsmith/Ryan) to accept the report and place on file. Motion carried, 5-0.
8. Discussion and possible action regarding the following In Rem No. 47 properties:
a. No. 47-3: 248 N. Hickory Street, city of Fond du Lac – consider bids.
One bid was submitted. Motion (Ryan/Goldsmith) to accept the $210,000 bid from Ronald Boda. Motion carried, 5-0.
b. No. 47-5: 216 Auburn Street, city of Fond du Lac – consider bids.
No bids were received. Motion (Depperman/Goldsmith) to set a minimum bid amount of $5,000 with the Condition of Sale that the structure be demolished or remodeled to city code by Dec. 31, 2018, with earnest money of $1,000, which will be returned when completed. Motion carried, 5-0.
c. No. 47-46: 424 Liberty Street, city of Ripon – approve Condition of Sale and consider bids.
Motion (Ryan/Depperman) to approve the Condition of Sale. Motion carried, 5-0. Two bids were submitted. One was from Herbert L. Phelps for $1. The other was from Gary Liefke and Linda Moreland for $20, which was received at 10 a.m. by mail; the bids were due at 9 a.m. Motion (Farrell/Ryan) to accept the $1 bid from Herbert L. Phelps. Motion carried, 5-0.
d. No. 47-66: N3291 Hickory Road, town of Byron – consider bids.
Three bids were submitted, one from Michelle Vollmar for $13,800, one from Greg Barber for $12,508, and one from Timothy Shafer for $30,000. Motion (Ryan/Goldsmith) to accept the $30,000 bid from Timothy Shafer. Motion carried, 4-1, with Mr. Farrell voting nay.
e. No. 47-80: N6747 County Road G, town of Forest – reconsider awarded bid.
Motion (Ryan/Depperman) to accept the payment. Motion carried, 4-0-1, with Mr. Dornbrook abstaining.
f. No. 47-92: N2511 Banner Road, town of Waupun – consider bids.
No bids were received. Motion (Depperman/Ryan) to establish a minimum bid amount of $25,000. Motion carried, 5-0.
4. Resolution awarding the sale of $5,000,000 Taxable General Obligation Promissory Notes, Series 2018A.
Kevin Mullen, senior vice president at Hutchinson, Shockey, Erley & Co., explained the bond. Motion (Depperman/ Ryan) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 5-0.
9. Discuss and approve changes to the county’s fringe benefit vacation policy.
Motion (Goldsmith/Farrell) to approve changes to the county’s fringe benefit vacation policy as presented to the committee by Human Resources Director Michael Marx. Motion carried, 5-0.
10. Resolution authorizing the proper county officials to negotiate and enter into a contract with Excel Engineering for architectural and engineering services for the construction of the new highway garage.
Director of Administration Erin Gerred explained the process leading to the selection of Excel Engineering. Motion (Ryan/Depperman) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 5-0.
11. Discuss designation agreements for Fond du Lac County Economic Development Corporation.
County Executive Allen Buechel explained designation agreements for Fond du Lac County Economic Development Corporation.
12. Resolution recognizing Merlyn Albert, James Bos, Gerard Giebel, Lisa Thayer, Jerome Wagner and Joseph Weninger for their dedicated service and contributions to Fond du Lac County.
Motion (Goldsmith/Depperman) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 5-0.
13. Report on mileage, per diem and expenses for November 2017.
Motion (Ryan/Depperman) to approve the report. Motion carried, 5-0.
14. Approve extra meetings.
15. Approve bills.
Motion (Ryan/Goldsmith) to approve the following bills. Motion carried, 5-0.
16. Future agenda items and meeting dates.
The next meeting is at 3:30 p.m. on Jan. 16. Agenda items include clerk of circuit court and sheriff compensations.
Motion (Ryan/Goldsmith) to adjourn the meeting at 5:07 p.m. Motion carried, 5-0.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk