Land Conservation Committee
- Date: 02/01/2018 4:30 PM
- Location: Agriculture Service Center
W6529 Forest Avenue
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54937
Julie Cooper: 4:45-6 p.m.
Sarah A. Everson: 4:45-6:05 p.m.
Dale Theel: Excused
Also present were Paul Tollard and Laurie Koeck.
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Approve minutes of the December 12, 2017, meeting.
Motion (Giese/Everson) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 4-0.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
4. Presentation and approval of a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service wildlife damage claim by Steve Krueger.
Motion (Giese/Everson) to approve the claim for USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service damage for Haas Grain Farms in Malone. Motion carried, 4-0.
5. Resolution authorizing the proper county officials to apply for and accept a $24,969 grant from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources for the development of 9 Key Element Watershed Plans for January 1, 2018, through December 31, 2018.
Motion (Giese/Cooper) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 4-0.
6. Update on implementation of the Great Lakes Commission grant for the Pipe Creek Watershed.
Paul Tollard gave an update on the implementation of the Great Lakes Commission grant for the Pipe Creek Watershed.
7. Update on 2019 Department of Natural Resources Multi-Discharger Variance Program funding.
Mr. Tollard gave an update on the 2019 DNR Multi-Discharger Variance Program funding.
8. Land & Water Conservation Department, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service and USDA Farm Service office reports.
Discussion was held on the reports.
9. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting is at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 6, in the conference room at the USDA Service Center.
Motion (Giese/Everson) to adjourn the meeting at 6:05 p.m. Motion carried, 3-0.
Ken Depperman, Recording Secretary