Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 03/20/2018 3:30 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 3:33-4:22 p.m.
Martin F. Farrell: 3:33-4:22 p.m.
Martin S. Ryan: 3:33-4:22 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Karen Kuehl, Brenda Schneider, James J. Miller and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Thomas E. Dornbrook called the meeting to order at 3:33 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the March 7, 2018, meeting.
Motion (Ryan/Depperman) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 4-0.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
Judy Goldsmith arrived at 3:34 p.m.
4. Resolution awarding the sale of $8,925,000 General Obligation Promissory Notes, Series 2018B.
Motion (Ryan/Depperman) to approve the resolution. James J. Miller, senior vice president with Hutchinson, Shockey, Erley & Co., provided a 2018 Debt Financing Plan for Fond du Lac County and explained the bond issuance and rate. Motion carried, 5-0.
5. Discussion of the following In Rem properties:
a. No. 46-77, N10311 Koenigs Road, town of Calumet: discuss condition of sale.
County Treasurer Brenda Schneider will work with Corporation Counsel to draft a letter to the owner about the signed condition of sale recorded in the Register of Deeds, which states the structure is to be razed.
b. No. 47-3, 248 N. Hickory Street, city of Fond du Lac: status report.
The sale is closed. A few bills for the property need to be paid.
c. No. 47-5, 216 Auburn Street, city of Fond du Lac: discuss condition of sale.
The $1,000 escrow will be released when the project meets city inspection requirements. Ms. Schneider will communicate with the city of Fond du Lac Inspection Services.
d. No. 47-46, 242 Liberty Street, city of Ripon: discuss condition of sale.
The escrow will be released when the project meets city inspection requirements. Ms. Schneider will communicate with city of Ripon officials.
e. No. 47-90, N2511 Banner Road, town of Waupun: review bids and award sale.
Motion (Ryan/Depperman) to accept the bid of $17,100 from Brent J. or Lisa M. Flier and Ronald H. Moeller. Motion carried, 5-0.
6. Status report regarding In Rem No. 48.
Ms. Schneider reported that In Rem No. 48, which includes 47 properties, was filed with the court on March 1. The court date is scheduled for July 2. Letters were sent to property owners, mortgage companies, and anyone with a judgement on the affected properties.
7. Discussion and possible approval of a policy regarding County Board use of county-issued electronic devices.
Discussion was held on the policy. Director of Administration Erin Gerred will bring the policy back to the next meeting with the recommendations discussed.
8. Resolution recognizing Cecelia Achterberg, Carmen Geisler and Julie Nelson for their dedicated service and contributions to Fond du Lac County.
Motion (Farrell/Goldsmith) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 5-0.
9. Report on mileage, per diem and expenses for February 2018.
Motion (Ryan/Farrell) to approve the report. Motion carried, 5-0.
10. Approve extra meetings.
11. Approve bills.
Motion (Ryan/Goldsmith) to approve the following bills. Motion carried, 5-0.
12. Future agenda items and meeting dates.
The next meeting is at 3 p.m. on April 10. Agenda items include the budget overdrawn and budget carryover resolutions, as well as the county-issued electronic device policy.
Motion (Goldsmith/Ryan) to adjourn the meeting at 4:22 p.m. Motion carried, 5-0.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk