UW-Extension Education, Agriculture and Recreation Committee
- Date: 03/20/2018 5:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room G
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Sarah A. Everson: Excused
Sam Kaufman: 5:03-5:40 p.m.
Michael J. Will: 5:03-5:40 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Sam Tobias, Gary Will, Ken Depperman, Mary Hayes, Martin Ryan, Laura DeGolier and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Michael J. Will called the meeting to order at 5:03 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the March 7, 2018, meeting.
Motion (Kaufman/Rickert) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Report on the Northwestern Trail acquisition by Director of Planning and Parks Sam Tobias.
Sam Tobias provided to the committee an inventory of trails in Fond du Lac County and gave an additional explanation of the trail system. He also talked about upcoming trail projects.
5. Resolution authorizing the proper county officials to execute a vacant land offer to purchase with Wisconsin Power and Light and appropriating $25,500 from the county general fund to fund the purchase.
Gary Will, city of Ripon mayor, addressed the committee on the reason for the county to acquire the land. The committee, Mr. Tobias and County Executive Allen Buechel provided information regarding the land acquisition. Motion (Giese/ Kaufman) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
6. Future agenda items and meeting date.
A meeting is scheduled at 5:30 p.m. on April 4.
Motion (Kaufman/Rickert) to adjourn the meeting at 5:40 p.m. Motion carried.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk