Health Department Vision
Fond du Lac County Health Department will be a community leader in:
- Detecting, investigating and preventing infectious disease
- Identifying health issues facing Fond du Lac County residents
- Collaborating with community partners to improve the health of all
- Connecting people to needed health resources
We will accomplish this through assessment, advocacy, education, policy development, surveillance and service delivery.
Fond du Lac County Health Department prevents disease, protects the community, and promotes healthy living for all.
Core functions of a local public health agency identified by the Institute of Medicine include:
- Assessment of community health status and available resources.
- Policy development resulting in proposals to support and encourage better health.
- Assurance that needed services are available.