Fond du Lac County Health Department (FCHD)
Fond du Lac County Health Department improves lives by preventing disease, protecting the community, and promoting healthy living for all.
Prevent. Protect. Promote.
- Compassion - FCHD is committed to the dignity and respect for all.
- Equity & Inclusion - FCHD embraces differences and respects all individual’s opinions, beliefs and cultures. We work to ensure everyone has access to opportunities that enable them to lead healthy lives.
- Collaboration – FCHD partners with community members and agencies to achieve shared goals that enhance the health and well-being for all.
- Competency – FCHD demonstrates public health best practices ensuring employees utilize skills, abilities, and personal attributes to enhance performance.
Core functions of a local public health agency identified by the Institute of Medicine include:
- Assessment of community health status and available resources.
- Policy development resulting in proposals to support and encourage better health.
- Assurance that needed services are available.