Wisconsin GI Bill Benefits
- Eligibility - veteran who was a resident of this state at the time of entry into active duty.
- Wis GI Bill benefits may be used by eligible veterans for 100% waiver of tuition at UW or WI Technical Colleges for up to 8 semesters or 128 credits, whichever is greater.
- The qualifying children and the unremarried spouse of a WI veteran who dies either in the line of duty or as a result of a service connected disability are eligible for set time periods for the waiver of 100% of tuition and some fees at UW or WI Technical Colleges.
- A qualifying spouse and the children of a WI veteran who has a service-connected disability or disabilities with a combined rating by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) of 30% or greater are also eligible for a waiver of 100% of tuition and some fees at UW or WI Technical Colleges.
VetEd Reimbursement Grants
- 1. Eligibility - veteran who was a resident at the time of entry into active duty or establishes Wisconsin residency requirements. Additional restrictions exist.
- 2. Reimbursement for full or part-time coursework following successful completion of coursework.
- 3. There is a pre-application which must be submitted within 30 days of the beginning of the semester. The reimbursement grant application must be submitted no later than 60 days following the end of the course.