Social Services Board
- Date: 05/08/2019 4:30 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Lisette A. Aldrich: 4:34-5:23 p.m.
Judy Goldsmith: 4:34-5:23 p.m.
Jay J. Myrechuck: 4:34-5:23 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Patricia Lancour, Richard Gedemer and Kay Metty-Reinhard.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Aldrich called the meeting to order at 4:34 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the April 10, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Hayes/Goldsmith) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 4-0-1, with Mr. Fenrick abstaining.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the board on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the board chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Recommendation from the county executive regarding the development of a regional juvenile detention facility in Fond du Lac County.
County Executive Allen Buechel gave background information on the development of regional juvenile detention facilities. His recommendation was that Fond du Lac County not take on the risk or pursue building a regional juvenile detention facility. Instead, he recommended the county explore enhancing what Fond du Lac County currently has and request the state support this.
5. Educational piece.
Kay Metty-Reinhard provided the educational piece.
6. Report on bills.
Motion (Fenrick/Hayes) to receive the bills and place on file. Motion carried, 5-0.
7. Personnel report.
Patricia Lancour provided the report.
8. Economic Support Services Consortium update.
Richard Gedemer provided the update.
9. Budget updates.
A budget update was provided.
10. Wisconsin County Human Service Association update.
Motion (Hayes/Goldsmith) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried, 5-0.
12. Special meetings – approvals and/or updates.
13. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting is at 4:30 p.m. on June 12.
Motion (Myrechuck/Fenrick) to adjourn the meeting at 5:23 p.m. Motion carried, 5-0.
Jay J. Myrechuck