City-County Building Board
- Date: 05/17/2019 3:30 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Martin F. Farrell: 3:30-4:27 p.m.
Joseph W. Koch: 3:30-4:27 p.m.
Martin S. Ryan: 3:30-4:27 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, William Tadych, Kevin Galske, Meggin McNamara, Scott Schmitz, Rick Kiefer, Dyann Benson, Tricia Davi, Tracy Salter, Tessa Schmidt and Rhoda Hinz.
1. Call meeting to order.
Martin F. Farrell called the meeting to order at 3:30 p.m.
Introductions were made.
2. Select a board chair.
Motion (Ryan/Giles) to nominate Mr. Farrell for chair. Motion carried.
3. Approve minutes of the August 29, 2018, meeting.
Motion (Ryan/Koch) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
4. Members of the public who wish to address the board on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the board chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
5. Progress report on the development of a security checkpoint at the City-County Government Center north entrance.
a. Allen Buechel gave a construction update.
b. Rick Kiefer gave an update on the installation of electronics.
c. Mr. Kiefer gave an update on the installation of moveable equipment.
d. Capt. William Tadych gave an update on Sheriff’s Office staffing.
6. Report on employee access to the City-County Government Center.
Mr. Buechel gave an update.
7. Review and approve the City-County Government Center security policy and procedures.
Motion (Ryan/Koch) to approve the policy and procedures with an amendment suggested by Chair Farrell. In paragraph 2 of page 1, “. . . to control access to the CCGC by inspecting people” should be replaced with “. . . to control access by means of appropriate and lawful screening of individuals seeking entry to the CCGC and their personal effects.” Motion carried. The board would like the opportunity for public comment for 90 days through a variety of means, including the city and county websites and comment cards. City and county ordinances are being developed; no approval is needed from the City-County Building Board.
8. Review and approve a memorandum of understanding between the City-County Building Board and Sheriff’s Office.
Motion (Ryan/Giles) to approve the memorandum of understanding. Motion carried.
9. Discuss employee meetings regarding City-County Government Center security.
Mr. Buechel reported that employee meetings will be scheduled soon.
10. Discuss the anticipated implementation date for City-County Government Center security.
Mr. Kiefer and Capt. Tadych anticipate implementation the second or third week of June.
The committee will meet as needed.
Motion (Miller/Koch) to adjourn the meeting at 4:27 p.m. Motion carried.