Public Safety Committee
- Date: 07/02/2019 4:45 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Michael C. Beer: 4:45-5:40 p.m.
Martin E. Schroeder: 4:45-5:40 p.m.
Gary A. Will: 4:45-5:40 p.m.
Also present were Terry Dietzel, Bobbi Hicken, Dan Krieser and Kevin R. Miller.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Schroeder called the meeting to order at 4:45 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the June 4, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Beer/Kitchen) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Department report from the Land Information Department and Code Enforcement Office.
Terry Dietzel gave the report. Motion (Kitchen/Will) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried.
5. Department report from Communications & Emergency Management.
Bobbi Hicken gave the report, noting that 669 people have registered for Smart911. Ms. Hicken reported on tower upgrades for communications, storm updates with Federal Emergency Management Agency and state money disbursements, and a training workshop for supervisors and municipalities. Motion (Will/Kitchen) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried.
6. Department report from the Medical Examiner’s Office.
Dan Krieser gave the report. Motion (Kitchen/Will) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried.
7. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting is at 4:45 p.m. on Aug. 6.
Motion (Kitchen/Will) to adjourn the meeting at 5:40 p.m. Motion carried.