Public Safety Committee
- Date: 08/06/2019 4:45 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room G
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Michael C. Beer: 4:48-5:35 p.m.
Martin E. Schroeder: 4:48-5:35 p.m.
Gary A. Will: Excused
Also present were Eric Toney, Ryan Waldschmidt, Bobbi Hicken, Meggin McNamara and Kevin R. Miller.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Schroeder called the meeting to order at 4:48 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the July 2, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Simon/Kitchen) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Sheriff’s Office.
a. Sheriff Ryan Waldschmidt went over his monthly report.
b. Motion (Kitchen/Simon) to approve the resolution adopting the Fond du Lac County deputy reserve wage and fee schedule effective October 1, 2019, and to receive the monthly report and place on file. Motion carried.
5. Department report from District Attorney Eric Toney.
Motion (Simon/Beer) to receive the district attorney’s report and place on file. Motion carried.
6. Discuss and approve a resolution authorizing the proper county officials to use Federal Emergency Management Agency reimbursement funds to purchase a used squad car for the director of Communications & Emergency Management.
Motion (Simon/Kitchen) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
7. Resolution revising Chapter 2, Article VI, City-County Safety Building, renaming this article City-County Government Center, and creating Article VI, Division 3, City-County Government Center Security, of the Fond du Lac County Code.
Motion (Beer/Kitchen) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
8. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting is at 4:45 p.m. on Sept. 3.
Motion (Kitchen/Simon) to adjourn the meeting at 5:35 p.m. Motion carried.