Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 08/13/2019 4:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 4-5:48 p.m.
Brian T. Kolstad: 4-4:26 p.m.
Dean P. Will: 4-5:48 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Tammy Pinno Supple, Stacie Basler, Michael Marx, Mark Radmer, Brenda Schneider, Shelby Kapitanski and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Ryan called the meeting to order at 4 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the July 9, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Depperman/Will) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 5-0.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
10. Discuss and possibly approve add-on pay for registered nursing staff at Harbor Haven Health & Rehabilitation effective immediately.
Mark Radmer, Harbor Haven Health & Rehabilitation administrator, explained the request for add-on pay for registered nursing staff. Motion (Will/Kolstad) to provide $1 add-on pay for registered nursing staff at Harbor Haven Health & Rehabilitation effective immediately for the balance of the 2019 budget. Motion carried, 5-0.
Mr. Kolstad left the meeting at 4:26 p.m.
4. Report on cash on hand and investments for June 2019.
Treasurer Brenda Schneider provided the report. Motion (Depperman/Will) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried, 4-0.
5. Resolution authorizing the proper county officials to enter into an agreement with the village of North Fond du Lac for collecting and processing first and full payments of real estate property taxes, special assessments, special charges and special taxes for those parcels located in the village of North Fond du Lac and to revise the per parcel fee.
Motion (Depperman/Will) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 4-0.
6. Status report on all In Rem No. 49 properties.
Ms. Schneider distributed an updated status report on all In Rem No. 49 properties.
7. Discuss shared well expenses for In Rem No. 49-68, N5724 Fairview Road, town of Lamartine.
The committee recommend the treasurer split the monthly electric bill with the property owner of the shared well.
8. Possible reconsideration of the minimum bid for In Rem No. 49-98, 106 N. Putnam Street, village of Oakfield.
Motion (Depperman/Farrell) to establish a minimum bid amount of $11,800 with a $3,000 deposit that will be refunded when the structure is razed, which is required by Dec. 31, 2019. Motion carried, 4-0.
9. Report on the progress of the Hotel Retlaw project.
County Executive Allen Buechel gave an update on the Hotel Retlaw project. The hotel is in full operation.
11. Discuss and possibly approve a resolution authorizing the proper county officials to use Federal Emergency Management Agency reimbursement funds to purchase a used squad car for the director of Communications & Emergency Management.
Director of Administration Erin Gerred explained the resolution. Motion (Depperman/Farrell) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 4-0.
12. Resolution increasing the credit limit of county-issued credit cards and updating the Fond du Lac County Credit Card Policy and Procedure.
Ms. Gerred explained the resolution. Motion (Depperman/Will) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 4-0.
13. Resolution recognizing Julie Flaherty, Jerry Gau, Denise Graydon, Ardell Klaske, Mike Nolan and Amy Zimmer
for their dedicated service and contributions to Fond du Lac County.
Motion (Will/Farrell) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 4-0.
14. Report on mileage, per diem and expenses for July 2019.
Motion (Will/Farrell) to approve the report. Motion carried, 4-0.
15. Approve extra meetings.
Motion (Will/Depperman) to approve Mr. Farrell’s request for mileage only to Manitowoc to accept a Winnebago Waterways award on Friday, Aug. 9. Motion carried, 3-0-1, with Mr. Farrell abstaining.
16. Approve bills.
Motion (Farrell/Will) to approve the following bills. Motion carried, 4-0.
17. Future agenda items and meeting date.
Meetings will be held at 3 p.m. on Aug. 20, 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 3, and 3 p.m. on Sept. 17.
Motion (Depperman/Farrell) to adjourn the meeting at 5:48 p.m. Motion carried, 4-0.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk