Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Date: 08/14/2019 12:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Emergency Operations Center
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Shannon Abler: Absent
Allen J. Buechel: Absent
Erick Gerritson: 12-12:22 p.m.
Bobbi Hicken: Excused
Scott Louden: 12-12:22 p.m.
Brad Sabel: Excused
Renee Weier: 12-12:22 p.m.
Rory Beebe: 12-12:22 p.m.
Shelley Brown-Giebel: 12-12:22 p.m.
Jake Flaherty: 12-12:22 p.m.
Corey Giese: 12-12:22 p.m.
Jordan Skiff: Excused
Also present were Brent Couperus, Mary Ellen Mortensen, Alan Hermann, Tracy Nollenberg and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Erick Gerritson called the meeting to order at 12 p.m.
2. Introductions and roll call.
Introductions were made.
3. Approve minutes of the May 8, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Louden/Giese) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
4. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at
this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s
Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
5. Guest speaker – Corey Giese, manufacturing manager at Grande Cheese, to provide an overview of the facility
and discuss the facility’s emergency response plan.
Corey Giese provided an overview of the facility, including what products are produced there. He discussed the hazardous chemicals used onsite and the emergency drills conducted monthly, including for fire and weather. Mr. Giese mentioned the company has a media information officer for spills or other unfortunate situations.
6. Continue term of chair until May 2020.
Motion (Giese/Louden) for Chair Gerritson to continue as chair until May 2020. Motion carried.
7. Local Emergency Planning Committee bylaws change.
Shelley Brown-Giebel explained the changes in the bylaws, and an updated LEPC Bylaws was provided to the committee. Motion (Adams/Stensland) to approve the bylaws. Motion carried.
8. Planning/reporting facilities update.
Ms. Brown-Giebel gave the update.
Ms. Brown-Giebel reported that a $5,004 hazmat training event grant was received and that training was held using the grant money. A hazmat grant for computers was submitted and the department received a verbal confirmation that the funds will be received.
10. Subcommittee reports.
a. The Training, Information and Education Subcommittee will be scheduling a meeting.
b. The Off-site Planning Subcommittee met recently and reviewed 10 site plans. Motion (Adams/Louden) to accept the 10 site plans reviewed by the Off-site Planning Subcommittee. Motion carried.
11. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting is at 12 p.m. on Nov. 13.
Motion (Janke/Louden) to adjourn the meeting at 12:22 p.m. Motion carried.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk