Human Services Committee
- Date: 08/14/2019 5:15 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Lisette A. Aldrich: 5:20-5:57 p.m.
Judy Goldsmith: 5:20-5:57 p.m.
Jay J. Myrechuck: 5:20-5:57 p.m.
Also present were Mark Radmer and Rick Patton.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Aldrich called the meeting to order at 5:20 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the July 10, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Goldsmith/Hayes) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Harbor Haven Health & Rehabilitation – Administrator Mark Radmer.
a. Financial and census update. Under budget. Current census is 81 total residents.
b. Quality assurance/performance improvement update. A team will look into improving the dining experience.
c. 2019 building projects/capital purchases update. Roof is 75 percent complete. New cafeteria floor project to begin soon. New 14-person bus has arrived.
d. Legislative update. New state budget is very favorable for nursing homes.
e. Personnel/staffing update. Nurse recruitment continues now with geofencing ads.
Motion (Fenrick/Hayes) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried.
5. Veterans Service Office – Director Rick Patton.
a. Donations from the community. $1,340 in total donations for June and July.
b. Veterans Transportation Program. Transported 22 veterans in June and 23 in July.
c. Veterans Service Commission. Two commission disbursements in July, one for utilities and one for groceries.
d. Mission Act. Confusion and issues defined its rollout.
Motion (Myrechuck/Fenrick) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried.
6. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting is at 5:15 p.m. on Sept. 11.
Motion (Goldsmith/Hayes) to adjourn the meeting at 5:57 p.m. Motion carried.
Jay J. Myrechuck