Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 08/20/2019 3:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 3-4:48 p.m.
Brian T. Kolstad: 3-4:48 p.m.
Dean P. Will: 3:05-4:48 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Tammy Pinno Supple, Stacie Basler, Chelsea Brocker, Brenda Schneider, Michael Marx, Bryan Grunewald, David Minch and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Ryan called the meeting to order at 3 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the August 13, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Depperman/Farrell) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 4-0.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
5. Report on cash on hand and investments for July 2019.
Motion (Kolstad/Depperman) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried, 4-0.
12. Approve bills.
Motion (Kolstad/Depperman) to approve the following bills. Motion carried, 4-0.
Mr. Will arrived at 3:05 p.m.
4. Presentation of the 2018 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for Fond du Lac County by CliftonLarsonAllen LLP.
Bryan Grunewald, CPA, and David Minch, CPA, of CLA presented and reviewed the annual financial report.
8. Discuss and possibly approve increasing the pay band for psychiatrist from $310,000 to $320,000.
Human Resources Director Michael Marx explained the request for increasing the pay band for psychiatrist from $310,000 to $320,000. Motion (Will/Depperman) to approve the increase. Motion carried, 5-0.
Motion (Farrell/Kolstad) to move into closed session at 3:45 p.m. A roll call vote was taken (Ryan, aye; Depperman, aye; Farrell, aye; Kolstad, aye; Will, aye) and the motion carried, 5-0. The committee returned to open session at 3:56 p.m.
7. Discussion and possible directive regarding the exclusion of historically delinquent properties from the In Rem No. 50 process.
County Treasurer Brenda Schneider explained the process that occurs every year with the historically delinquent properties. Motion (Kolstad/Depperman) to remove the following properties from the In Rem No. 50 process and the motion carried, 5-0:
9. Report on the progress of the Hotel Retlaw project.
County Executive Allen Buechel gave an update on the Hotel Retlaw project.
10. Preliminary report on the 2020 Fond du Lac County Budget by County Executive Allen J. Buechel.
Mr. Buechel gave a preliminary report on the 2020 Fond du Lac County Budget.
11. Approve extra meetings.
13. Future agenda items and meeting date.
Meetings will be held at 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 3, at 3 p.m. on Sept. 17, and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Oct. 21 and 22.
Motion (Kolstad/Farrell) to adjourn the meeting at 4:48 p.m. Motion carried, 5-0.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk