Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 10/15/2019 4:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 4-4:48 p.m.
Brian T. Kolstad: 4-4:48 p.m.
Dean P. Will: 4-4:48 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Tammy Pinno Supple, Stacie Basler, Meggin McNamara, Michael Marx and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Ryan called the meeting to order at 4 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the October 8, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Will/Depperman) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 4-0.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
Mr. Farrell arrived at 4:03 p.m.
4. Recommendation by Corporation Counsel Meggin R. McNamara for the disallowance of a claim for damages made by Jeffrey A. Kirsch.
Corporation Counsel Meggin McNamara explained the process for the claim submitted to the county by the Kirsches. Motion (Kolstad/Will) to deny the claim as recommended by Ms. McNamara. Motion carried, 5-0.
6. Update on the 2020 Fond du Lac County Budget and Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan by County Executive Allen J. Buechel.
County Executive Allen Buechel highlighted items in the proposed 2020 Fond du Lac County Budget and Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan, which will be presented to the County Board this evening. Mr. Will requested the committee consider including funds in the 2020 budget for the Sheriff’s Office to purchase a drone.
5. Resolution establishing compensation for Fond du Lac County Board supervisors elected in the 2020 spring election and for members of Class B, C, and D boards, commissions, councils, and committees effective April 2020.
Motion (Depperman/Farrell) to approve the resolution. Motion carried, 3-2, with Mr. Kolstad and Chair Ryan voting nay.
7. Update on the progress of the Hotel Retlaw project.
There was no update.
8. Report on mileage, per diem and expenses for September 2019.
Motion (Will/Farrell) to approve the report. Motion carried, 5-0.
9. Approve extra meetings.
There were no extra meetings to approve.
10. Approve bills.
There were no bills to approve.
11. Future agenda items and meeting date.
Meetings are scheduled on Oct. 21 and 22 at 8 a.m., on Oct. 29 following the County Board meeting, and on Nov. 5 at 4 p.m. A future agenda item includes a responsible bidder ordinance.
Motion (Will/Kolstad) to adjourn the meeting at 4:48 p.m. Motion carried, 5-0.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk