Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Date: 11/13/2019 12:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Rooms G and H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Shannon Abler: Absent
Allen J. Buechel: Absent
Erick Gerritson: 12-12:20 p.m.
Bobbi Hicken: 12-12:20 p.m.
Scott Louden: 12-12:20 p.m.
Brad Sabel: 12-12:20 p.m.
Renee Weier: 12-12:20 p.m.
Rory Beebe: Absent
Shelley Brown-Giebel: 12-12:20 p.m.
Jake Flaherty: Excused
Corey Giese: Excused
Kim Mueller: Excused
Jordan Skiff: 12-12:20 p.m.
Also present were Lisa Freiberg and Mary Ellen Mortensen.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Erick Gerritson called the meeting to order at 12 p.m.
2. Introductions and roll call.
Introductions were made.
3. Approve minutes of the August 14, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Giese/Louden) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
4. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
5. Guest speaker Chris Liveris, city of Ripon utilities manager, to provide an overview of the department and discuss the department’s emergency response plan.
Chris Liveris was unable to attend.
6. Planning/reporting facilities update.
Shelley Brown-Giebel provided a report on active facilities. She said there was a chlorine spill at the Alto Saputo plant on Sept. 19.
7. Director’s report.
Director Bobbi Hicken gave an update on grants, reporting that a netbook has been purchased and that HazMat items will be purchased. An additional HazMat training grant has been submitted. Ms. Hicken asked Chair Gerritson to give a briefing on the chlorine spill at Alto Dairy.
8. Subcommittee reports.
a. Michele Adams reported that the Training, Information and Education Subcommittee met on Nov. 6 and discussed shelter in place. There will be a presentation at a future LEPC meeting on the role of committee members. The next meeting is on Jan. 16.
b. Ms. Brown-Giebel reported that the Off-site Planning Subcommittee met and approved and submitted 20 plans. She said there are some changes on the 2020 reports.
9. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting is at 12 p.m. on Feb. 12 at the county highway garage.
Motion (Janke/Louden) to adjourn the meeting at 12:20 p.m. Motion carried.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk