Social Services Board
- Date: 11/13/2019 4:30 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Lisette A. Aldrich: 4:30-5:09 p.m.
Judy Goldsmith: 4:30-5:09 p.m.
Jay J. Myrechuck: 4:30-5:09 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Rick Gedemer, Heather Scholl, and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Aldrich called the meeting to order at 4:30 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the October 9, 2019, meeting.
Motion (Goldsmith/Fenrick) to approve the minutes. Motion carried, 4-0.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the board on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the board chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Educational piece.
Heather Scholl, who started with the county in August, shared with the board what it’s like to be a new social worker.
5. Report on bills.
The bills were reviewed and Rick Gedemer explained those that were questioned. Motion (Myrechuck/Fenrick) to receive the bills and place on file. Motion carried, 5-0.
6. Personnel report.
Mr. Gedemer provided an update on position openings. Additional positions were approved in the 2020 budget and will be posted.
7. Economic Support Services Consortium update.
Mr. Gedemer said staff members had positive reviews of the recent training.
8. Budget updates.
The 2020 budget was adopted; the 2019 budget is still in the black.
9. Wisconsin County Human Service Association update.
The annual fall conference is in December.
Mr. Gedemer highlighted the report. Motion (Fenrick/Hayes) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried, 5-0.
11. Special meetings – approvals and/or updates.
12. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting is at 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 11.
Motion (Goldsmith/Myrechuck) to adjourn the meeting at 5:09 p.m. Motion carried, 5-0.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk