Land Conservation Committee
- Date: 03/10/2020 4:00 PM
- Location: Agriculture Service Center
W6529 Forest Avenue
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54937
Steven A. Abel: 4:10-5:18 p.m.
Sarah A. Everson: Excused
Dale Theel: 4:10-5:18 p.m.
Also present was Paul Tollard.
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Approve minutes of the February 11, 2020, meeting.
Motion (Giese/Cooper) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
4. Resolution authorizing the proper county officials to apply for and accept funding from the state of Wisconsin Targeted Runoff Management Grant Program.
Motion (Giese/Cooper) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
5. Resolution supporting passage of Senate Bill 723 to increase funding for county land and water conservation departments.
Motion (Abel/Giese) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
6. Update on the Artesia Beach Road well sampling project.
Paul Tollard gave an update on the Artesia Beach Road well sampling project. Fond du Lac County will pay for any sampling that is done.
7. Land & Water Conservation Department office report.
The report was received. Mr. Tollard noted that two new technicians have been hired.
8. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting will be at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, April 7, in the conference room at the USDA Service Center.
Motion (Giese/Cooper) to adjourn the meeting at 5:18 p.m. Motion carried.
Steven Abel, Recording Secretary