Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 03/17/2020 3:00 PM
- Location: City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 3-4:20 p.m.
Brian T. Kolstad: 3-4:20 p.m.
Dean P. Will: 3-4:20 p.m.
Also present were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Tammy Pinno Supple, Stacie Basler, Brenda Schneider, Sue Immel, Jim Miller, Chelsea Brocker and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Ryan called the meeting to order at 3 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the March 10, 2020, meeting.
Motion (Depperman/Will) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Resolution authorizing the issuance and establishing parameters for the sale of not to exceed $5,790,000 General Obligation Promissory Notes, Series 2020A.
Jim Miller of Hutchinson, Shockey, Erley & Co. discussed the resolution and fluctuating market. Motion (Will/ Kolstad) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
5. Report on cash on hand and investments for February 2020.
Treasurer Brenda Schneider provided the report. Motion (Kolstad/Depperman) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried.
6. Discuss the impacts of COVID-19 on county operations.
County Executive Allen Buechel and Director of Administration Erin Gerred gave an update on how COVID-19 is impacting county operations. Human Resources Director Sue Immel participated in the conversation, which included potential impact on the workforce.
7. Resolution affirming the declaration of a public health emergency for Fond du Lac County by County Executive Allen J. Buechel.
Motion (Depperman/Kolstad) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
8. Discuss and possibly amend county policy on potential pay reduction when a position is reclassified.
Mr. Buechel explained the current policy. No action was taken.
9. Approve extra meetings.
10. Approve bills.
Motion (Depperman/Kolstad) to approve the following bills. Motion carried.
11. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The committee is scheduled to meet at 3 p.m. on March 31 and April 14.
Motion (Depperman/Will) to adjourn the meeting at 4:20 p.m. Motion carried.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk