Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 06/02/2020 3:00 PM
- Location: Conference Call/City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 3-3:42 p.m. (Room H)
Brian T. Kolstad: 3-3:42 p.m. (Conference Call)
Dean P. Will: 3-3:42 p.m. (Room H)
Present in Room H were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Meggin McNamara, Sue Immel, Tammy Pinno Supple, Stacie Basler, Ryan Waldschmidt, Jim Borgen and Lisa Freiberg. Present on the conference call were Kim Mueller, Sharon Roznik, Wade Mickey and Zach James.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Ryan called the meeting to order at 3 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the May 19, 2020, meeting.
Motion (Depperman/Will) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Resolution increasing the rates for Huber inmates in the Fond du Lac County Jail to $22 per day effective August 1, 2020.
Sheriff Ryan Waldschmidt explained the resolution. The fees were last adjusted in 2008. Motion (Will/Depperman) to approve the resolution. Motion carried.
5. Update on COVID-19 by Health Officer Kim Mueller.
6. Report on the impacts of COVID-19 on county operations.
Human Resources Director Sue Immel gave a personnel update regarding the impacts of COVID-19 on county operations. Forty-two employees are working from home. Thirty past employees are receiving unemployment. Some have been contacted to utilize them for employment. She provided other employee status updates.
a. Discuss Routes to Recovery: Local Government Aid Grants.
b. Impacts of other grants that have been made available for this effort.
Finance Director Tammy Pinno Supple and Assistant Finance Director Stacie Basler provided grant funding information and departments eligible for it.
7. Report on the COVID-19 Circuit Court Operating Plan for Fond du Lac County.
County Executive Allen Buechel gave an update on the draft plan for opening the courts. Corporation Counsel Meggin McNamara explained how the courts have been operating through the pandemic.
This item will be on the next agenda; more information was requested.
9. Update on the county MicroLoan Program.
An update was provided to the committee. One of the businesses has stated it will be paying back the loan next week.
10. Approve extra meetings.
11. Approve bills.
Motion (Depperman/Will) to approve the following bills. Motion carried.
12. Future agenda items and meeting date.
There will be a meeting at 4 p.m. on June 16 with No. 8 as an agenda item. Another meeting was scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on July 7 with the county executive’s salary as an item.
Motion (Depperman/Kolstad) to adjourn the meeting at 4:24 p.m. Motion carried.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk