Land Conservation Committee
- Date: 06/02/2020 4:00 PM
- Location: Conference Call/City-County Government Center, Room F
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Steven A. Abel: 4-4:56 p.m. (Conference Call)
Mary B. Hayes: 4-4:56 p.m.
Dale Theel: 4-4:56 p.m.
Also present was Paul Tollard.
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Approve minutes of the May 5, 2020, meeting.
Motion (Hayes/Rickert) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
4. Discuss Wisconsin soil and water conservation standards.
Paul Tollard distributed a handout of Wisconsin runoff rules and spoke on their implementation.
Mr. Tollard spoke about the Wisconsin Land and Water Conservation Association and its handbook, outreach and website.
6. Discuss the Lake Winnebago Area Land and Water Conservation Association.
Mr. Tollard spoke about the area land conservation committees.
7. Land & Water Conservation Department office report.
The report was received. Mr. Tollard gave an update on the phases for reopening the USDA Agricultural Service Center. He gave an update on the Artesia Beach homeowner water sampling project, as well as the Pipe Creek Watershed grant approval and the hiring of an outreach coordinator for same.
8. Future agenda items and meeting date.
The next meeting will be at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, July 7, at the City-County Government Center.
Motion (Rickert/Hayes) to adjourn the meeting at 4:56 p.m. Motion carried.
Mary Hayes, Recording Secretary