Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 06/16/2020 4:00 PM
- Location: Conference Call/City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 4-5:10 p.m.
Brian T. Kolstad: 4-5:10 p.m. (Conference Call)
Dean P. Will: 4-5:10 p.m.
Present in Room H were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Tammy Pinno Supple, Stacie Basler, Brenda Schneider, Sue Immel and Lisa Freiberg.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Ryan called the meeting to order at 4 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the June 2, 2020, meeting.
Motion (Depperman/Will) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
5. Report on cash on hand and investments for May 2020.
Treasurer Brenda Schneider provided the report. Motion (Farrell/Depperman) to receive the report and place on file. Motion carried.
6. 2019 Annual Report of the County Treasurer’s Office.
Ms. Schneider highlighted the annual report. Motion (Will/Farrell) to receive the annual report and place on file. Motion carried.
4. To discuss a request from a Fond du Lac County business related to economic development.
Motion (Depperman/Farrell) to move into closed session at 4:19 p.m. A roll call vote was taken (Ryan, aye; Depperman, aye; Farrell, aye; Kolstad, aye; Will, aye) and the motion carried. The committee returned to open session at 4:40 p.m.
7. Report on the follow-up to the request from the Fox Valley Workforce Development Board executive director to fund a part-time temporary position at the Fond du Lac Job Center.
County Executive Allen Buechel provided information on the request. Unable to do at this time.
8. Report on the impacts of COVID-19 on county operations.
Mr. Buechel gave a sales tax update. He also provided a listing of COVID-19 grants applied for and received.
9. Update on the county MicroLoan Program.
An updated report was provided by Mr. Buechel.
10. Report on mileage, per diem and expenses for May 2020.
Motion (Will/Kolstad) to approve the report. Motion carried.
11. Approve extra meetings.
12. Approve bills.
Motion (Farrell/Will) to approve the following bills. Motion carried.
13. Future agenda items and meeting date.
Meetings will be held at 3:30 p.m. on July 7 with the county executive’s salary as an agenda item and at 4 p.m. on July 21. Mr. Farrell will provide a report on self-organization in August.
Motion (Will/Depperman) to adjourn the meeting at 5:10 p.m. Motion carried.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk