Finance, Personnel and Economic Development Committee
- Date: 07/07/2020 3:30 PM
- Location: Conference Call/City-County Government Center, Room H
160 S. Macy Street
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
Kenneth W. Depperman: 3:30-5:11 p.m.
Brian T. Kolstad: 3:30-5:11 p.m. (Conference Call)
Dean P. Will: 3:30-5:11 p.m.
Present in Room H were Allen Buechel, Erin Gerred, Tammy Pinno Supple, Sue Immel, Lisa Freiberg, Joe Becker and Jim Cleveland.
1. Call meeting to order.
Chair Ryan called the meeting to order at 3:30 p.m.
2. Approve minutes of the June 16, 2020, meeting.
Motion (Depperman/Will) to approve the minutes. Motion carried.
3. Members of the public who wish to address the committee on specific agenda items must register their requests at this time, with such comments subject to the reasonable control of the committee chair, as set forth in “Robert’s Rules of Order.”
There was no public comment.
4. Discussion and possible action regarding compensation for the position of County Executive for the 2021-2025 term of office.
Human Resources Director Sue Immel provided salary and benefits information from counties that have a county executive form of government. The committee requested Ms. Immel provide additional information at the next meeting.
5. Request to allow donation of vacation to an ill employee.
Ms. Immel provided information. Motion (Will/Depperman) to allow donation of vacation to an ill employee. Motion carried.
6. Discussion of a request from a Fond du Lac County business related to economic development.
Motion (Will/Kolstad) to move into closed session at 3:59 p.m. A roll call vote was taken (Ryan, aye; Depperman, aye; Farrell, aye; Kolstad, aye; Will, aye) and the motion carried. The committee returned to open session at 4:31 p.m.
8. Update on the county MicroLoan Program.
Jim Cleveland of Envision Greater Fond du Lac reported on the county MicroLoan Program. He shared a Fond du Lac area COVID-19 business impact survey with the committee.
7. Report on the impacts of COVID-19 on county operations.
Public Health Officer Kim Mueller gave a COVID-19 update.
9. Approve extra meetings.
Motion (Farrell/Will) for no mileage or per diem for the VirTra virtual training simulator tour scheduled for supervisors on July 21. Motion carried.
10. Approve bills.
Motion (Will/Depperman) to approve the following bills. Motion carried.
11. Future agenda items and meeting date.
Future agenda items include county executive compensation for the 2021-2025 term and cybersecurity grant. Meetings are scheduled for 4 p.m. on July 21 and 3 p.m. on Aug. 4.
Motion (Will/Kolstad) to adjourn the meeting at 5:11 p.m. Motion carried.
Lisa Freiberg, Fond du Lac County Clerk