Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

What is the Working Lands Initiative?

The Working Lands Initiative consists of three parts: 
•   Farmland Preservation Program (FPP)
•   Agricultural Enterprise Areas (AEAs).
•   Purchase of Agricultural Easements (PACE) Program.

See Program Summary July,2009

What programs are available to county residents?

The Natural Resource and Conservation Service website has links to financial assistance programs, easement programs, landscape initiatives and technical assistance.  The website  "Landowner Resources - Wisconsin"  provides links to many DNR and non-DNR cost-share conservation programs in Wisconsin, providing assistance to private landowners both financially and technically.  Please call the office for more information.


I am interested in the CRP Program.

The Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) offers annual rental payments, incentive payments for certain activities, and cost-share assistance to establish approved ground cover on eligible cropland.  Designed to reduce erosion on sensitive lands, CRP also improves soil and water, and provides significant wildlife habitat.  To obtain additional information on the CRP, please call the Farm Service Agency at (920) 923-3033.

Does your office have old aerial photos and what years are available?

Aerial photographs are available on the Fond du Lac County's GIS mapping website. 

Online Maps

I would like to abandon a well and heard there is cost-sharing available.

Fond du Lac County has cost sharing available for well abandonment projects.  Cost-sharing covers 70% to a limit of $1,000 per well for a licensed well driller to properly abandon old and unused wells.  See "Additional Services" tab at left for more information. 

Do you have a tree program?

Yes, we do have a tree program.  The tree forms become available in the fall for the following spring planting.  The variety of trees offered varies from year to year.  If you would like to obtain an order form, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope and an order blank will be mailed when they become available.  See "TREE SALES" tab at the left for more information. 

How to find a Certified Crop Advisor (CCA)?