Military Discharge Records

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Veterans should take their military discharge papers DD214 to the veteran’s office.
The veteran service officer will send the DD-214 to the Register of Deeds Office to be filed and indexed.  The DD-214 and the certified copies are then returned to the veteran service officer to distribute to the veteran.

Military discharge/separation papers are confidential documents in Wisconsin.  State law protects the privacy and confidentiality of veterans DD-214 papers registered with the county.  According to the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs, the law states that the discharge certificate shall be accessible only to the veteran or his or her survivors, the county veteran service officer, the Department of Veterans Affairs, or any person with written authorization from the veteran or his or her survivors.

The Veterans Office is located at 50 N Portland Street, Fond du Lac, WI 54935

Phone number: 920-929-3117