Financial Assistance

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

White Background

Economic Support

Go online to ACCESS.WI.GOV to apply for benefits and report changes or call our

Call Center at 1-888-446-1239. 

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.

Wednesday and Friday 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. 


Assistance Programs

These programs are administered in the Economic Support unit. Economic Support staff will determine eligibility for financial assistance program designed to assist people to meet basic living and health care needs. Each program may have income and asset limits which can vary with family size.

* Note: The Federal FoodShare nondiscrimination statement can be found at

  • Health Care Related Programs

* Note: The nondiscrimination statement for HealthCare related programs can be found at

* If you need these services, contact the Department of Health Services Civil Rights Coordinator at (844) 201-6870.

* If you believe Fond du Lac County Department of Social Services, Moraine Lakes Consortium has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Fond du Lac County, Attn: Michael Marx, Human Resources Director/Civil Rights Coordinator, 160 S. Macy Street, Fond du Lac, WI 54935, Phone: (920) 929-3134, Fax: (920) 929-3016, Email:  You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax or email.  If you need help filing a grievance, the Fond du Lac County Civil Rights Coordinator is available to assist you.


To apply for benefits, please contact the Moraine Lakes Consortium Call Center at
1-888-446-1239 or click here to apply online.  All paper applications and verification items should be mailed to CDPU, PO Box 7190, Madison WI 53707-7190, faxed to 1-855-293-1822, or scanned and submitted thru Some additional Financial Assistance programs are listed below.  For more information about one of the benefit programs listed below, please click on the program name.

Other Programs

Forward Services Corporation administers Food Share Employment and Training (FSET), W-2 Wisconsin Works and Emergency Assistance (EA) for Fond du Lac County residents.  Please contact Forward Services Corporation with any questions or to apply.

Forward Services
223 N. Seymour Street, Fond du Lac, WI 54935


Energy Assistance

The Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program is administered by:

Energy Services, Inc.
770 S. Main Street, Suite 22,  Fond du Lac, WI 54935
920-929-3445 (questions) or 1-800-506-5596 (set up appointment)

Energy Services

For your convenience, a computer, copy and fax machine are available for your use at the following locations. Original documents mailed to the CDPU will not be returned.

Department of Social Services – Main Building
87 Vincent Street
Fond du Lac WI 54935

Department of Social Services – Portland
50 N Portland Street
Fond du Lac WI 54935



How do I report Welfare Fraud?

To report welfare fraud, call the Office of the Inspector General Fraud Hotline at 1-877-865-3432.

How do I become a certified Child Care Provider?

If you are interested in becoming a Certified Child Care Provider or have any questions, please contact Fond du Lac County Day Care Certifier at (920) 929-7521 or (920) 929-3247.