Vital Records Replacement

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Some benefits require certified copies of vital records; for example, birth, marriage or death certificates. We assist in obtaining these records. When the record exists in Wisconsin, certified copies can be obtained through the County Veteran Service Office in the county that maintains the record. If the record is needed for a veteran's benefit, the copies are provided at no cost.

If the vital record is in another state, we will attempt to obtain these records at no cost also. Some states have laws similar to Wisconsin and provide vital records for veteran's benefits at no cost. However, for those states that charge a fee for this service, the veteran is responsible for paying the fee.